You must enrol your child during the period established by the Department of Education, Youth and Sport, unless you move to the Principality during the course of the academic year.
The school your child will attend is dependent on the area in which you live. If you would like your child to attend a school in a different area, you will need to apply for a district allocation exemption by writing to the Department of Education, Youth and Sport before 15 June.
While awaiting a response, you must enrol your child in the school in your own area.
See the factsheets:
- How to enrol your child in nursery school
- How to enrol your child in primary school
- How to enrol your child in school outside the normal enrolment periods
Registration for the canteen and the childcare
Only children whose parents both work will be admitted.
The canteen is open to pupils on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The childcare is open to pupils:
- From 7.45 am in the morning
- Until 6.45 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and 12.30 pm on Wednesdays