Absences and exemptions


If your child is going to be absent, you must let the secretariat know as soon as possible by phone at 98 98 86 71.

On their return to school, pupils must present to the secretariat a note dated and signed by their parents or legal guardian in their "carnet de liaison" (parent-teacher correspondence book), as well as a doctor’s note for any absence of more than two days.

Permission for special absences

Permission from the Director of Education, Youth and Sport must be sought at least ten days in advance for any planned special absence.

See the factsheet: "How to request permission for a special absence"

Absence from the canteen, childcare or homework assistance

In the event of a one-off absence from the school canteen or childcare facility, please inform the school in writing via the carnet de liaison (parent-teacher correspondence book). Please provide three days’ notice for reimbursement of school meal costs.

Exemption from sports activities

In the event that your child needs to be fully or partially exempted from physical and sports education, a doctor’s note must be supplied. 

Download form to be completed by your doctor (French only):